Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Photo-a-Day - April 2013 - Day 24: Inspired by Mary Casset

Trying to do a photograph in the style of a particular artist is such an interesting challenge.  At first, I wasn't certain how I'd pull it off.  Going through a catalogue of Casset's work, much of it was mothers with infants.  That wouldn't work.  Then I came across this; a mother teaching her daughter to crochet. 

Thankfully, my dear friend Priscilla and her very lovely daughter Sarah agreed to pose for me.  We did laugh a bit because Cilla is strictly left-handed so teaching her right-handed daughter to crochet would, in reality, be a definite challenge.  But it's all about the art.

With the help of on-line programs PicMonkey and BeFunkey, I think it came out rather well.

No comments:

Post a Comment