Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Photo-A-Day: April 8, 2014 - Hobby

It's not quite right to call them hobbies.  Now that I'm retired, they have really become unpaid vocations. 

Reading--something about which I've always been passionate--and reviewing.  Mystery is my genre and I seriously started writing reviews in 2008.

Crochet I learned when I was 11.  I moved to needlepoint in 1980 but back to crochet in 2010.  I quickly determined there was really nothing I needed to crochet for myself, yet could put my love of handwork to use by crocheting for charity.  I started the Facebook group SASsy Stitchers in 2011 and, as of April 7th, we now have 400 members! 
Least I forget, I now have a third hobby which has changed the way in which I look at the world around me.  Photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment