Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Photo-a-Day - May 2013 - Day 07: Bathroom

All though my middle- and high-school  years, my two best friends and I would spend, as often as possible, one day each weekend at to the Jersey Shore.  When my photo group had an auction to benefit the very sick sister-in-law of a group member, one of our group offered this painting.  It so reminded me of those Shore days, I knew it had to be mine.

I was thrilled when I won the auction but the original painting was done in colors not of my preference.  Still, I was happy.  Then the artist, Deborah Dix who resides in Tasmania, mentioned she needed to finish my painting.  Really?  Hmmmmmm.

I wrote and asked whether it would be possible for her to replicate the piece, but in different colors; colors that, for me, better reflected the sand and colors of the water.  She was gracious enough to agree. 

It took awhile, both for the painting and for it to arrive from the underside of the planet, but I couldn't have been more delighted.  I absolutely love it.  Each time I look at it, I see three good friends, walking side-by-side, down the beach and into the ocean.  And yes, it is in my bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment