Monday, June 17, 2013

Photo-a-Day - June 2013 - Day 17: Centered

When I first moved in, I was overwhelmed by the white walls and complete lack of architectural features in my 1968 apartment.  Even the kitchen, with it's lack of backsplash, really bothered me.

eBay was my friend.  I decided on a slightly country French theme for my kitchen.  Within one month I had a set of decorative plates over the corner sink, numerous copper molds over the two doors and counters, and assorted other items.  But there was still that backsplash.

Finally I found a woman who had a hand-painted sign saying "Bon Appetit".  Unfortunately, that one had a large rooster on it.  Not being a rooster fan, I decided to chance it and sent an email asking whether she'd do a custom design. 

I was thrilled when it my piece arrived.  Custom colors with wine and grapes.  Okay, so she was clearly not a wine drinker as the glass is the wrong shape, but who cares.  The most amazing part?  This delightful custom sign came to me from Tennessee for $22, including shipping!  Now my kitchen has the perfect backsplash and person touch for which I was hoping. 



1 comment:

  1. I love it!

    And in our house, the shape of a wine glass is determined by which cup, glass, or tumbler your hand happens to reach first in the cupboard. ;-)

    ReplyDelete