Sunday, June 30, 2013

Photo-a-Day - June 2013 - Day 30: Photographer's Choice

Although a large, pink hydrangea is lovely, what makes this photo my choice is being able to take it.  

No longer having an income, being able to obtain things which allow me to do the activities I love has become a real challenge.  However, I am blessed by the angels in my life.  Some of my angels have sent me yarn for charity crocheting, some have made books by my favorite authors available to me, one sent me a painting by her husband that touched my soul, and one is providing me with additional asthma inhalers. And there are others.

A new angel remembered that I had desperately been wishing for a new camera.  My little PowerShot SD100is, bought for $25 on eBay, has been great but it has a permanent dark spot on the lens that I have to frame and crop around.  Not always idea.  My angel is a professional photographer.  She and her husband were going through all the equipment and realized they had a camera they no longer use.  Thanks to them, I now have a Canon Powershot SX10is. One thing I love, that I've always wanted, is that it has a 28-560mm zoom lens. 

This photo was taken from my very dirty second-story window down to the patio below.

Thank you to all my special angels.


No comments:

Post a Comment