Sunday, July 7, 2013

Photo-a-Day - July 2013 - Day 07: What it is!

Although I should never want to give up the conveniences of our time, there is a large part of me that loves the idea of the elegance of the past.

As a fairly young girl, I feel in love with fountain pens.  I loved watching the words form as the nib moved across the paper.  There's a gracefulness to writing with a fountain pen.  And then, of course, it does rather fit with my love of Jane Austen and large shawls. 

In addition to fountain pens, I do have a couple lovely glass dip pens and various colors of ink.  Upon visiting my favorite pen shop, I also found this beautiful ink blotter.  I couldn't resist it.  Yes, I do have a small writing desk that holds papers, fountain and dip pens and all my inks.  And on the top, along with a candle, in a place of honor, sits my lovely ink blotter.


No comments:

Post a Comment