Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Photo-a-Day - July 2013 - Day 24: D is for.....

Dawn dishwashing liquid and, most importantly, my Doctor Who T.A.R.D.I.S. dishcloth.

Yes, I am a major fan of the BBC show Doctor Who.  I didn't grow up with it, although I'd seen the random episode or two over the years.  However.....

December 31, 2009, I was finishing up a needlepoint project and had no interest in watching the usual New Year's Eve shows.  I had seen the ads that the SciFi channel, before it became SyFy, was doing a Doctor Who marathon starting with the first Chris Eccleston episode from 2005 and ending with "The End of Time" episode at midnight.

I had long known of the show and thought I'd give it a try.  By the end of the fourth episode, "World War Three", I was hooked.  I am sorry Russell T. Davis is no longer writing for the show as he wrote some brilliant episodes but Steven Moffat has served as a worthy successor with Mark Gattis and Neil Gaiman also providing excellent episodes.  Some of the other writers, not so much.

Doctor Who is a remarkable show in that it is beloved by both children and adults, men and women.  It is funny, scary, moving and fantastic.  Doctor Who definitely made my 2009 New Year's Eve unforgettable. 


No comments:

Post a Comment